Custom Fit Mortgages
Your Calgary Mortgage Broker
Get Started with our Mortgage Application!
4.49% 5-Year Fixed - No Joke!
Amazing Service. Great Rates. No Fees.
As Calgary Mortgage Brokers, the Mortgages for Less team offers
preferred mortgages and rates from these lenders and more!
Completing the Online Mortgage Application is really the first step! This will help us know what you can qualify to borrow, and when we review it together, it will really help you understand what you can afford.
Select your rate and term
We will help you choose the right mortgage and term that fits your needs. Not just what works for the bank! We will also help you navigate the choices out there to get you the best mortgage and rate for you!
Verify your info and sign
Provide the needed documentation to complete the mortgage application process via our Secure Online Portal. We will carefully go through everything to make sure it is exactly what is required!
Mortgages For Less: Trusted Calgary mortgage brokers with 16 years of experience.
Our team of Calgary mortgage brokers came together 16 years ago and has since become specialized in residential mortgage loans in Calgary, helping first-time homeowners, and finding solutions for hard-to-finance mortgages. Apply online today to get started with an expert trusted Calgary mortgage broker who knows every nook and cranny of the complex mortgage industry. From title insurance, appraisal fees, early payout penalties and more, we will help you navigate the path to the best mortgage that suits your needs.
Low income? Poor credit? We can help!
- One credit check for all lenders: Instead of checking your credit multiple times through several lenders (and hurting your credit) we are able to check it just once.
- We will be able to offer you access to normal mortgages offered by most banks as well as creative mortgage solutions for more intricate needs.
- You will not be asked for your SIN online and you can skip any of the requested information fields.
- You don’t need to have all the needed information to fill out a mortgage application: If you know your income, your down payment and a rough estimate of your assets vs liabilities, we can advise you of approximately how much you should be able to qualify for.
- Filling out a mortgage application in no way obligates you to use our services.
Get Started with our Mortgage Application
Why use Mortgages For Less over other Calgary mortgage brokers?
Working with Mortgages For Less, you’ll get to know Josh Tagg, our primary Calgary mortgage broker. Learn a bit more about this confident and social expert in his own words.
“Living and working in Calgary for several decades has given me a very familiar knowledge and understanding of our Real Estate Market. I have seen Calgary grow from a smaller city to the thriving large city we have today. Even with the downturn in oil, our city continues to be a great place to work, live and raise a family. I am a true Calgarian and have spent most of my life here as part of the community and most of my adult life as a Calgary Mortgage Broker.
Mortgages for Less is proudly powered by Axiom Mortgage Solutions
Axiom Mortgage Solutions is a Canadian mortgage brokerage that is proud of the depth of experience their mortgage associates bring to the marketplace. Axiom is dedicated to the betterment of the agents that are employed and the brokerage industry as a whole.
Axiom was founded in 2002 and is home to some of the best brokers in the province and the country! With about $3 Billion in annual mortgage originations, Axiom is a recognized national leader. Our strong lender relationships allow us access to promotional rates, and service levels that other brokerages are not privy to.
Using a LOCAL Calgary Mortgage Broker is SO Important!
There are many reasons why having a LOCAL Calgary Mortgage Broker is so critical to your experience. Here are a few of those reasons:
- Expert Advice: As mortgage brokers with local knowledge we have an intimate understanding of the Calgary real estate market, and can provide expert advice on your mortgage loan options, down payment requirements and other financing options. This enables you to make informed decisions about your home purchase.
- Speedier Process: As Calgary mortgage brokers we can identify issues quickly and provide prompt solutions that may be unavailable with brokers who lack the local knowledge. This can speed up the mortgage process and enable you, the buyer, to close on a home sooner.
- Referral Network of Local Professionals: We can provide referrals to trusted Real Estate Agents, Experienced Home Appraisers, Hone Inspectors, Calgary Real Estate Lawyers and Local contractors for any potential rentovations. This can help buyers find reliable providers who are familiar with the local market, as well as any potential issues or problems that may arise.
- Negotiations: As experienced mortgage brokers in Calgary we are familiar with the nuances of the local market and can provide buyers with tips on how to negotiate the terms of the mortgage. We have priority access to Credit Unions such as ATB Financial, Servus Credit Union and Connect First Credit Union. This can help buyers to get the best possible deal on their mortgage.
- Tax Benefits and Government Programs: Our team of Calgary mortgage brokers is familiar with tax laws and can help buyers identify the best options for tax savings. Programs such as the Home Buyer’s Plan which allows you to use RRSPs for down payment, the new (2023) First Home Savings Account and the First Time Home Buyer Incentive Program can all help First Time Home Buyers. We are also familiar with local Calgary programs intended to assist first-time home buyers such as the Attainable Homes Program! This can provide buyers with an additional source of savings when purchasing a home.
“I understand the stresses of working in the oil industry directly – or being in an industry that is directly impacted by the oil industry.
“I am familiar with the neighbouring towns too. Whether I’m visiting family living in Cochrane or Okotoks, or good friends in Airdrie and Strathmore – I know the communities well. I am not just a Calgary Mortgage Broker, I can be your mortgage broker in Cochrane, Airdrie, Chestermere and even Okotoks.
“And I’m not restricted to Calgary or Alberta. No matter where you are in the country, and no matter where you want to live, I can help you buy a home!
“I am available to work around your schedule, even on weekends and evenings. No waiting for appointments to get your pre-approval. Let me get you approved today – clients are my top priority – I work for you, not the bank. The best part of my work is the smile on your face when you get into your new home. I look forward to speaking with you soon!”
Are there 0% Down Mortgages?
Unfortunately, zero down mortgages have been officially discontinued. However, there continue to be other products that may suit your needs. For mortgages in Calgary, you can use an unsecured line of credit for your down payment – but some restrictions apply.
How to buy a rental property.
Even with a 20% down payment, buying a rental property can be difficult, but we have all sorts of tips and tricks here at Mortgages For Less. We have been able to approve clients who were previously declined by Scotiabank and RBC. Give us a call to find out how to get started. 403-241-3255
Buying and renting simultaneously?
If you are turning your existing home into a rental you can purchase your new residence as owner-occupied with as little as 5% down payment. Different lenders will consider the prospective rental income in different ways which is why using a mortgage broker will help simplify and streamline the whole process. We work hard to get you the best rates, with the best terms and the banks or lenders are the ones who pay our fees. Using a mortgage broker should save you time and money. Your referrals are what keep us thriving year after year for 16 years.
First Time Home Buyer?
As a first time home buyer in Calgary, you can access your RRSP for a down payment without being taxed! Ask your RRSP investor for details. Contributing funds to your RRSP generates a nice tax refund, and then you can further use that same money for your first time home buyer down payment toward your Calgary Mortgage. You may even be eligible to use this program if you have owned a home before as long as you have not lived in a home owned by you in the last four years.
Working with a LOCAL Calgary Mortgage Broker Team. Why it Matters!
We know there is competition from National Mortgage Brokerages, but we believe it is. best to choose a LOCAL Calgary Mortgage Broker. When it comes to choosing a mortgage broker, many people are tempted to go with a national brokerage with hundreds of employees. However, we believe it is best to choose a local Calgary mortgage broker. Here are the top four reasons why.
1. Local Knowledge: A local mortgage broker team has intimate knowledge of the Calgary real estate market and its trends. With their local knowledge, they can better advise you on the best option for your specific situation. They are also aware of the unique housing market in Calgary and can help you find the best mortgage product and rate to suit your needs.
2. Personalized Service: A local mortgage broker team provides more personalized customer service than a national brokerage. They understand that each client is unique and tailor their services to meet your individual needs. They are more accessible and responsive to your needs and are available to answer questions and provide advice at any time.
3. Cost Savings: A local mortgage broker team can often provide more competitive rates than a national brokerage. Since they are often more familiar with the local market and its trends, they may be able to negotiate more favourable terms with lenders. This could potentially mean significant savings for you.
4. Community Support: Choosing a local mortgage broker team helps to support the local community. This is because a portion of the mortgage broker’s commission goes back to the local economy, which in turn helps to create jobs and boost the local economy. At the end of the day, choosing a local Calgary mortgage broker team is the best option. Not only are they more knowledgeable and provide personalized customer service, but they can also help you save money and support the local economy.
223, 14th Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1Z6